Sweet treats are quite popular with the kids and grownups alike. Treats are especially made at home during the Halloween holidays for the gathering or for kid’s party. Follow our simple instructions to make sweet rice krispie treats at home.
- Ingredients – Rice krispie, one packet of marshmallows, 3-4 tablespoons of butter or margarine, one teaspoon of vanilla extract, and melted chocolate Heat a pan and melt the butter. Margarine works better if you prefer soft treats.
- When the butter is melted completely add the marshmallows. The pack should have atleast forty to fifty marshmallows.For best and tasty treats use always fresh marshmallows.You can also substitute this with a jar of marshmallow crème.
- Stir the solution and wait till the marshmallows melt completely.You can also add peanut butter at this point.Now add the vanilla extract and stir well.Finally measure about six cups of the rice krispie cereal and add to the solution.
- Mix well for a uniform coating and remove from heat.Using a spatula spread the mixture on a greased tray uniformly. The mixture will be quite sticky hence grease the spoon frequently.You can also sprinkle the melted chocolate once the mixture is transferred to the tray.
- Set aside the tray for twenty minutes to reach normal room temperature.Once done, using a sharp knife or a cookie cutter cut the Rice Krispie treat into small (square) sizes and enjoy.
- For Halloween treats – Additionally you can add food colorings to the pan when the butter and marshmallow have melted completely.
- Making treats using microwave – Take a microwave safe bowl and add the butter or margarine. To this, add the marshmallows.Heat the bowl for three minutes on high and stir the mixture to make it soft after two minutes.
Now add the rice krispie cereal and mix it well.Put this mixture into a greased pan and let it cool. Cut into desired shapes.
Tips and Warnings
- You can also use vanilla almond barks or few tablespoons of dried chopped apricots to the above recipe.
- Use the treats within two days if stored at room temperature and that too in airtight container.
- You can freeze and use the treats for a month only.