- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 463 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 463 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 463 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 463 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 466 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 466 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 467 days ago
How To Make Wreaths
Wreaths are useful in decorating homes and it can be hanged either on the front door or on living room walls. Many people decorate their houses with wreaths during Christmas season, but wreaths can be used as a decorative item throughout the year and depending upon the season the materials and colors of wreaths can be changed.
Material like dry flowers, evergreen leaves, berries, papers, pinecone, succulents, fresh flowers, ribbons, boxwood, hydrangea, cherry blossom, sunflower, ferns etc. can be used for making wreaths. Wreaths can also be made depending on the festivals and occasions, such as Halloween wreaths, Christmas wreaths, thanksgiving wreaths, holiday wreaths etc. Even though all type of wreaths are available in shops, you can easily make them at home.
- The below instructions helps you to make a tulip wreath and for this items required are pinecones, variegates ivy, 2 red berry sprays, 3 icy branches, wire cutters, 8 red silk tulips with leaves, hot glue gun or glue sticks, scissors, chenille stems 3 yards of sheer red ribbon of one and a half inches width and a 18 inch artificial mixed evergreen wreath.
- Instead of artificial evergreen wreath, you can make a natural one and the requirements for this are a basic wreath form, which can be straw, Styrofoam, nito, grapevine, wire clamp style wreath form, oasis wet foam or box wired foam. Whatever be the wreath form, you have to make a hanger before decorating the form. Make a loop at the top of the wreath using the wire and ensure that the loop is secure.
- Cover the wreath form with evergreen leaves and secure them at place with green pins or floral tapes. Give shape to the wreath by fluffing and pulling out the branches of evergreen. Before moving to the next step, ensure that the wreath form is full and there are no gaps in between the evergreen branches.
- Use the ribbon to make a multi-loop bow and the bow should have a diameter of five inches and 18 inches of ribbon on both side of the bow should be demarcated for steamers. Now fasten the center of the bow with chenille stem and provide a `V’ cut at the end of the streamers. Place the evergreen wreath on a table and glue the bow on the wreath at 11 o’clock position.
- Next, cut one tulip with a stem length of about ten inches and glue it to the wreath in such a way that the head of the flower comes at 7 o’clock position. Now take six tulips of varying stem lengths of less than ten inches and glue tulips one after other above the first tulip in such a manner that the final tulip should be placed without any stem at the center of the bow. Glue and secure the tulips.
- Place berry spray, icy branches and variegated ivy between the tulips and also on the right side of the bow. If you are satisfied with the positioning, glue them.
- In order to complete the design, glue the pinecones throughout the wreath. Now you can hang your wreath on the door or wall.
- Based on your artistic talent you can make wreath of different materials and can even use herbs that would provide good fragrance to the room.
Photo Credit: Indulgy.com/post/xLbHr0RbD1/amanda-edwards-you-could-do-thisHow To Make Wreaths,