Pores on the facial skin make your complexion look dull and unhealthy. Besides, pores are a breeding ground for bacteria and can lead to acne break-outs.
Enlarged pores will affect your self-confidence as your appearance will be significantly impacted by these blemishes. While there is no magic cure for enlarged pores, there are a few home remedies that can help reduce this problem. This article has step-by-step instructions on what you need to do to reduce pores and obtain a clear blemish free complexion.
- To minimize pores on the skin, ensure you follow a good skin care regime. Cleansing is the most important step when you want to take care of pores. Use a very mild soap to clean your skin at least twice a day.
- Ensure the soap does not contain harsh chemicals and strong scents. This can further damage your skin. Soaps made of natural products such as cream, glycerin, etc are ideal when you want to treat facial skin affected by open pores.
- Avoid exfoliating skin when you have a problem with open pores. Exfoliating can increase the size of pores and make your complexion look dull and dry. Also, never rub or touch the pores with hands as this can lead to bacterial growth and acne.
- A simple yet effective home remedy to treat open pores is to use baking soda. Baking soda will help clean the dirt and grime accumulated in the pores and also get rid of dead skin cells. First lather your face with a mild natural soap.
- Next take a little baking soda in your palms and wet it to create a paste. Apply this baking soda in circular motions all over your face. It is important that you apply the baking soda paste very gently on your face, avoiding any scrubbing. Massage your face with baking soda for a few seconds. Then use lukewarm water to rinse your face thoroughly and pat dry gently. Follow this regime for a few days to observe significant reduction in enlarged pores.
- You can also use tomato paste as a home remedy to reduce enlarged pores. Make fresh tomato paste by discarding the seeds, using only the tomato pulp. Apply this paste all over you face. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.