- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 469 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 469 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 469 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 469 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 472 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 472 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 473 days ago
How To Perm
Perm stands for permanent wave or curls. The process of perm makes use of chemicals to add curls and volume to your hair.
There are different types of hair perms in the market and/or the salons such as- Alkaline perm, acid perm, body perm, exothermic perm, root perm, spiral perm and weave perm. Perming can be done at home or at the salon. If you are not sure about this process or are doing it for the first time, then salons are the best.
- Hair types and perm types –Understand the texture of your hair and then select the perm method such as the acid method or the alkaline method. Perm works properly on non-colored hair, so avoid coloring your hair few weeks before perming.
- Have atleast 2-3 hours free for doing the perm process. Buy the desired perm product and read the instructions carefully many times. Once done, wash your hair using shampoo and apply conditioner lightly.
- Do not deep condition your hair before the perm process. Dry your hair without wrapping it using a towel and then carefully brush using a wide tooth comb to remove all tangles.
- Once the hair is dry, wear the gloves and apply petroleum jelly on the skin such as the scalp, face, ears, neck etc for protection against the chemical solution. Using a brush split the hair into four sections.
- Tighten your hair on the perm rods and wrap them from the bottom. Now apply and massage the perm solution on your hair. Read the instructions for the waiting time and wait for the solution to set. The normal waiting time for allowing the perm to set initially is thirty minutes.
- After the desired time is over, wash your hair thoroughly without leaving any solution on your head. Next apply the neutralizer evenly on your hair and dry your hair using a towel or a hair dryer without damaging the newly formed curls.
- The most desirable method is to leave your hair to dry on its own. Do not comb your hair as the perm takes atleast 24 hours to set completely. Do not wash your hair for next three days.
Tips and Warnings
- Use always good quality conditioners and shampoos.
- Trim your hair every month.
- A good quality perm may last for six months at the most.