Eggs are a great source of 13 essential nutrients in varying proportions, 2 macro nutrients and 2 antioxidants. However, in spite of its healthy benefits its boring to eat the same form of egg everyday .
Moreover, making kids eat eggs becomes all the more difficult. So, french toast is an interesting and healthier option of simple toast which not only helps to remove the breakfast monotony but is also enjoyed by kids.
- Essential Ingredients for French toast: Bread slices. For healthier options one can use brown bread or multi grain bread, 3 eggs, ½ cup milk in room temperature, Butter. One can also use olive oil for healthier options, Vanilla syrup, Non-stick pan, Mixing bowl-medium size, Whisk or fork, Spatula.
- Take a mixing bowl and crack open the eggs such that no pieces of egg shells falls into bowl. With the fork or whisk, beat the eggs thoroughly such that lather is formed. Now add the milk and beat the mixture again. Depending upon the taste and preference, add vanilla or other flavor of choice to the mixture and beat again.
- Place the slice of the bread on the chopping board and remove the edges with a knife. Now, dip the bread slice into the mixture such that it covers both the sides thoroughly.
- On a medium flame, heat the pan with either oil or butter, as per preference. When it’s heated, put the soaked piece of bread into the pan. Fry it until the side gets brown .Once done, with the help of spatula, flip to the other side of the bread and fry it until the other side also gets brown.
- Toss the french toast onto the plate and sprinkle some powdered sugar or maple syrup, as per choice or preference of taste.
Tips and Warnings
- Soaking the bread into the egg mixture needs perfect timing .If the bread pieces are dipped into the mixture for longer time then they may disintegrate. While, if they are dipped into the egg mixture for lesser time then the bread may not be coated thoroughly.So, this requires little practice.
- Number of pieces on the pan while frying them should be in accordance with the size of the pan.
- Should use heavy bottom pan preferably and Should not overheat the pan while cooking