Dental professionals refer to this process as ‘tooth extraction’ but for kids it is simply known as ‘pulling out a loose tooth’. It is sometimes fun to pull out a primary tooth especially when it is at the last stage of falling naturally. And sometimes the whole process can be a bit annoying and painful too.
It is always advised to visit your dentist for any type of tooth extraction issues and especially when the tooth in question is giving you a lot of pain. In case you feel you can handle the tooth extraction at home, then read the below given points to pull out a tooth to perfection.
- Think about pulling out the tooth yourself only when the loose tooth is at the final stage of falling down by itself. Pull out a tooth only as a last resort. In case you still want to go ahead, then using a finger tip try to wiggle the tooth gently.
- Try to move the tooth to all sides, front or back. If the process is not giving you any pain, then go on repeating the process till the tooth breaks out from its last hold and falls down. Another adventurous and age old method is by using your dental floss. Use this method only if you are absolutely comfortable with the tooth pain.
- Make a small loop using your floss and put it around the loose tooth. Tie the other end of the floss to an open door knob.
- Close your eyes and slam the door hard so that it takes your tooth with it. This process is quick and you often don’t get the time to feel the pain as the tooth comes out.You can also make your tooth fall down by eating or biting on something hard like an apple or a chocolate. This process can be very painful though.
- Hold an ice cube near the tooth to numb the area as that will give you lesser pain while pulling out the tooth. Most probably the tooth socket will bleed immediately after the tooth is pulled out, so be ready with a cotton ball or tissue paper. Eat cold food items to stop the bleeding and discomfort.
- Always after pulling out the tooth, examine it to make sure it has been pulled completely or not. If you see some broken parts then visit your dentist. Avoid hot food for a day or two if the gums are sore due to the tooth extraction.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How To Pull A Tooth,