Great eye make-up can make one look gorgeous and sexy. There are many aspects to a well-done eye make-up and eyeliner is an important part of it. Eyeliner is a make-up accessory applied on the rim of the upper eye-lid. Eyeliner accentuates eyes and makes them look larger and dramatic.
Eyeliner also gives a well-defined shape to your eyes making them appear beautiful. Applying eyeliner can be slightly tricky as you want the line to be neither too thick nor too thin. The eyeliner should be applied just right so that your eyes stand out beautifully.
Also, learning to apply eyeliner like professionals requires patience and practice. The correct shade of eye-liner that suits your eyes is important if this make-up accessory has to make the right impact. This article has step-by-step instructions on how to chose and apply eyeliner correctly. Follow the advice given here to work your way towards bold and beautiful eyes.
- The first step is to choose a shade of eyeliner that suits your eye color. For those with light eyes such as brown or green colored eyes, shades of brown, green or darker shades such as plum or chocolate would suit best. Silver or gray colored eyeliner will add a touch of beauty to those with green colored eyes. If you have dark colored eyes such as dark brown or black eyes, stick to the black eye-liner. Ensure that the shade of eyeliner you use blends well with the color of your eye shadow.
- There are also several different varieties of eyeliners available such as pencil eyeliners, liquid varieties, gels and powder-based eyeliners. You can choose the type that you think will be easiest for you to apply and the one that suits your style the best. Pencil eyeliners are relatively simple to apply and create a soft and subtle look for the eyes. Liquid eyeliners are for those wanting to look sexy as you can create a variety of effects such as the smoky eye make-up using liquid eyeliner.
- Before you start applying the eyeliner sharpen the eyeliner pencil or if using a liquid liner ensure there are no lumps in it. It is best to apply eyeliner before you put on any other eye makeup. You can however wear your eye shadow before using the eyeliner.
- Start by holding the eyeliner pencil or the eyeliner brush steady in your hand just like how you would hold a pencil. Look into a mirror and rest your elbow on a level surface. Then tilt your head a little and slightly close your eyes. This will allow you to apply the eyeliner at a good angle making it easier for you. Use your index finger gently to pull your eyelid gently to the side and more towards the end of your eyebrow.
- Look into the mirror and carefully start applying the eyeliner from the inner corner of your eyes working to the outward corner. Draw the line as close as possible to your eye lashes. If using liquid eyeliner allow it to dry completely before you open your eyes widely. This will prevent the eyeliner from getting transferred to the area around your eye-brows.