- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 516 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 516 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 516 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 517 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 519 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 519 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 520 days ago
How To Shine Hardwood Floors
Combining the advantages of natural beauty, durability and easy maintenance, hardwood floors are a popular choice among homeowners. They not only enhance the beauty of your homes, but are also quite easy to clean and care for.
Unlike carpeted floors which harbor dust and are difficult to care for, hardwood floors lasts for ages. With time and a number of people trampling around your beautiful wood floor, wood floors are bound to dull and fade. To maintain the shine and natural beauty of your wooden floors it is important to care for it. Here are the guidelines for caring for and restoring the shine of your hardwood floors
- Determine the finish of the hardwood floor. Pour a few drops of water on the floor. If there is a white residue left behind then your hardwood floor has a wax finish else it has a surface finish which means the floor is sealed with some form of polyacrylic or urethane.
- Based on this you can determine the supplies that you would need for cleaning and shining your floor. Ideally you would require a soft bristled broom or a vacuum with a soft bristled attachment for clean and moping the floor on a daily basis.
- Use a mop and a solution of apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water to clean the floor every two to three weeks. Wipe clean with a dry mop immediately afterwards. It is vital that you do not let your wooden floors be wet for too long. For floors with wax finish it is advisable not to use vinegar as it can dull the shine of the wooden floors. Instead a solution of dishwashing liquid with water is quite effective in cleaning the floor. Make sure that you rinse well after cleaning the floor to avoid any residue.
- Buff the floor with a soft cloth or use a buffer machine for the job. This is an important step as it helps prepare the floor for the new application and restores the shine to the floor with great ease.
Finish off by applying new wax and then buffing the floor or apply the surface finish for keeping your hardwood floors shiny and as good as new.