Having hiccups frequently can be really irritating for some people. It usually happens when there is an involuntary muscle movement in the diaphragm. Hiccups are not a serious problem and don’t usually cause any hindrance in your activities. However, by following some simple steps, you can easily get rid of this annoying condition.
- Water is often the most effective way of controlling hiccups. If you are having hiccups, drink lots of water as it will help. You can sip the water and hold your nose for some seconds as it could relieve your hiccups.
- Gargling with lukewarm water can help stop hiccups.Hold your breath for around 30 seconds and see if it helps.
- If you have a brown paper bag ready at hand, you can use it to stop hiccups. Just breathing hard into it will restore the normal working of your diaphragm.
- Ginger helps in almost anything and it helps in controlling hiccups as well. Slice up julienned pieces of ginger and then swallow the juices for getting relief from hiccups.
- Open your mouth and keep it that way for some time. It might help to stop hiccups. Sugar helps wonderfully in stopping hiccups. Slowly eat a handful of sugar and your hiccups are likely to stop.
- You can roll your tongue inwards towards your throat and hold that position for some time to stop hiccups.Simply divert your mind. Talk to your friends or watch your favorite sitcom. You will be surprised to see how often that helps!
- Curd is often incredibly helpful in stopping hiccups. Eat a tablespoon of curd with a pinch of salt and see the difference.Drinking white vinegar is also known to control hiccups.
- Peanut butter is a delicious way of stopping hiccups. Just gulp down a tablespoon and you will feel good!Place a penny on your forehead and bend your head backwards and it will stop your hiccups!
- Burp is also known to be a good way to control hiccups.You can place an ice bag over your diaphragm for quick relief from hiccups. Drinking ice water is also known to help.
- Laughing is yet another way to stop your hiccups.Often, indigestion causes hiccups. So, try and refrain from spicy food for some time.