Having beautiful hair is sometimes more than enough to look attractive. Hair is such a delicate part of our body that it needs all the very best care. Chemicals damage your hair much faster than you can imagine. But then even the water that you use can damage it if you are not careful.
So just avoiding chemicals (such as hair color, rebonding) is not enough to take care of your hair, you need to maintain it properly regularly. Here we list down some tips to make your hair healthy and rich in texture:
- Begin with a healthy diet- If you ask your grandma or consult a doctor, they both will probably give you this advice- to eat a balanced diet to get healthy hair.
- A diet rich in protein and calcium helps your hair to get all its radiance. Whereas a diet rich in junk foods can just do the opposite. Food items that you should specifically eat are – beans, almonds, fish, yogurt and drink a lot of water every day.
- Check your water- Pay attention to your bathroom water type- it shouldn’t be hard water and it shouldn’t be too hot. Warm water is considered good, but cold water is considered the best for hair maintenance. A cold water shower can make your hair shiny and radiant.
- Avoid plastic- Avoid using brushes with plastic bristles. Use rubber-tip wide brushes for combing wet hair.
- Trim- At regular intervals (every month or two) always remember to trim your hair (half an inch is enough). Trimming will make sure that your hair grows fast and thus will remain healthy.
- Before shampooing- If you are planning to shampoo your hair, always brush them beforehand. Brushing as you know will help increase blood flow to your hair follicles.
- Coloring- If you frequently color your hair, make sure you have some rest periods in between. Too frequent coloring can damage your hair beyond repair. For coloring use good quality products only, as they will have some nourishing ingredients for your hair along with the color. Before coloring your hair, wet your hair tip. Hair ends are known to absorb the maximum chemicals from hair color. Wet ends will make sure that less color is absorbed from the ends.
- Conditioning- Conditioning is good for your hair so do it atleast once in two weeks.
- Dryer care- For drying wet hair always use the nozzle of your dryer as it reduces your hair getting frizzy.
- Wet or damp hair- Do not go to bed with damp hair as the hair will get damaged due to excessive friction.