Asthma is the problem of respiratory system, in which an individual may find great level of difficulty in breathing. An asthma attack may occur due to exposure to dirt, pollution, dust, smoke and stress.
Wheezing, breath shortness, coughing and pain in the chest are some of the common symptoms of asthma attack. An asthmatic patient may feel lot of discomfort when he or she suffers from an asthma attack. There are various kinds of natural methods and medical treatments for asthma. Let us here discuss about some of the ways to treat asthma.
Treating asthma is a moderately challenging task. An asthmatic patient needs to take care of his or her health in a proper manner, so as to live a healthy life. Here, we are going to discuss about some of the tips to treat asthma in an effective manner.
- If a person faces an asthmatic attack, he or she should sit down first. The sufferer should take deep breaths to calm down. If needed, inhaler should be taken. The asthmatic patient should make sure to keep the inhaler with him or her all the time. Taking inhaler would help the sufferer in a great way. Great level of relief would be attained immediately.
- Oxygen is very important for asthmatic patients. Asthma sufferers should make sure to take fresh air as far as possible. Going for a walk early in the morning and early in the evening is a very good way to keep asthma under control.
- Asthmatic patients have allergy to dirt and dust. They should make sure to remain away from these harmful substances to avoid an asthma attack. Pollution triggers an asthma attack. So, stay away from pollution to prevent asthma attack.
- Tobacco smoke is very harmful for asthma patients. So, tobacco smoking should be avoided. Also, second smoke should be avoided to guard against asthma attack.
- Yoga is a very good way to treat asthma. Yoga teaches about certain breathing exercises which are very helpful in treating asthma. Breathing techniques of nasal breathing and relaxation are of great help in treating asthma.
- There are certain immune boosters, available in form of supplements, which help a great deal in treating asthma. Selenium and vitamin C are the two commonly recommended immune boosters to treat asthma.