Infection in the sinus is a health related problem that is faced by almost all the people at some or the other point of time in life. Some people face the problem of sinus infection occasionally, while others face it frequently due to some allergy.
Various symptoms of sinus infection include fever, headache, fatigue, ear fullness and facial heaviness. Here, we are going to discuss about some effective ways to treat sinus infection.
Getting rid of sinus infection is a challenging task. Let us here discuss about some of the effective ways to get rid of sinus infection.
- In case of sinus infection, the mucus may clog your head, thus leading to heaviness and fever. You can prevent this problem by blowing the nose in a gentle manner regularly. Make sure that you wash the hands properly after blowing the nose, so that the problem does not become an infection.
- You can make use of prescribed antihistamine to clear sinus passages. The congestion would drain with the help of use of antihistamine. Make sure to take the advice of the doctor before using any antihistamine.
- Taking a bath with warm water can be of great help in dealing with sinus infection. You would feel much better if you pour warm water on your face. Application of warm packs on the face would also help a great deal in treating sinus infection. However, you should make sure not to burn yourself.
- Avoid the intake of creams and milk, as they result in an increase in congestion. Rather, you should take more of clear liquids, so that the congestion gets cleared.
- Garlic supplements are considered to be very good in treating sinus infection. The congestion would be drained in a great way by taking around 300mg of garlic twice in a day.
- Make sure to follow the doctor’s advice properly. You should make sure to follow the complete course of medicines and antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor; else your health may be affected severely.
- Ensure to wash your hands properly after blowing the nose, taking medicines, or using antihistamine. This is a very good way to guard against any kind of infection.