There are many ways to hide or remove unwanted hair from your body such as – bleaching, shaving, plucking, waxing, electrolysis, vaniqua and laser treatment. Undoubtedly, waxing is the most popular method till date for hair removal.
This is because it gives better and faster results. The only negative point about waxing is the pain involved. However to get smooth and hair-free skin one has to tolerate such moderate pain. Follow our guidelines for applying warm wax for hair removal on any part of your body.
- Get the waxing kit and make sure it has a wooden applicator and strips. You can get normal warm waxing kit as well as those containing sugar in it. The difference between a normal one and that containing sugar is the time & effort required to wash off the wax after the hair is removed from the skin. It is easy to remove sugar wax from the skin.
- To get the perfect results from hot waxing, you need to ensure that your hair is long enough for the wax. The hair should be atleast ¼ inch long for the waxing to be effective. If your hair is too long, then you have the option to trim it short for an easy waxing session.
- Liberally put powder on to your hairy skin. Powder is needed for the wax to work properly. Take the wax and heat it as per the instructions given on the kit. The wax should get melted properly but do not over heat.
- When the wax is warm enough for your skin to withstand, apply it using the wooden applicator. It will give a few seconds of burning sensation but the pain is manageable. Apply the wax over a smaller section or over a wider area of the skin. Apply it in the direction of the hair growth and as a thin layer.
- Immediately put the strip or a piece of cloth over the warm wax. Press the strip and smoothen it using your hand. Wait for the wax to cool and when done, with a quick powerful jerk pull the strip in the opposite direction of the hair growth. You can see the hair clearly removed from the skin, immediately press the area with your clean hand to lessen the pain. Remove the excess and remaining wax from your skin using oil or lotion.
Tips and Warnings
- Do not burn your skin with hot wax.
- Do not wax if you are on topical retinoids.