Depression is an emotional disorder and most common among many individuals. The degree of depression varies which can from slight sadness to acute misery. Modern life complexities and its consequences, mental stress and strain of daily life leads to emotional disturbances and depression.
Symptoms of depression:
– Reduced concentration, lack of energy
– Itching, fatigue
– Aches and constipation
– Body aches and low temperature, low blood pressure
Depression can be effectively cured and prevented with natural remedies.Try the following natural remedies for depression:
Apple is one of the simple and natural ways to combat depression. Apple is a merge of several chemical substances that includes vitamin B, potassium and phosphorus which helps in amalgamation of an acid known as ‘glutamic’, responsible for controlling the activities of nerve cells. When apple is taken with honey and milk, it acts as a nerve tonic and infuses life and energy to the nerves.
Boil 20 to 30 rose petals in 1 cup of water for fifteen minutes. Allow the concoction to stand and let it cool. Sip the solution twice or thrice a day. Rose petals are very effective in reducing depression.
Cardamom helps in relieving depression and stress. The fragrance of cardamom helps in soothing the nerves. Add cardamom to a cup of hot tea and drink.
Turmeric is trusted for its curative property. Turmeric helps to treat depression caused by seasonal changes which is known as “seasonal affective disorder”.
Brahmi is a popular herb used in the treatment of depression. Its helps in the relaxation of mind and treats anxiety. Brahmi oil has a soothing and cooling effect on mind. Regular use of Brahmi oil helps in the prevention of depression.
Cashewnut is a wonderful remedy for nervous weakness and general depression. It is also a rich source of Vitamin B, helps to stimulate nervous system and keeps the body cheerful by improving appetite.
Diet to treat depression
– Take foods that are light and easy to digest
– Avoid taking spicy, oily and hot foods. Also reduce the intake of pulses such as Bengal gram.
– Avoid intake of milk products and meats during depression.
– Avoid intake of fried and junk foods, chocolates, caffeine and beverages. These are unhealthy foodstuffs and a depression patient should avoid these foods.
– Patient should have a balance diet with plenty of green vegetable, fresh fruits, wheat flour, brown rice and fruit juices. These foods are rich sources of Vitamin B, effective in treating depression.
– Vitamin C is known as anti depressant. Include Indian gooseberry (amla), oranges and lemons in your diet.
Exercises and Yoga
Yoga, exercises and meditation has magical effect on depression. In addition to keeping the body mentally and physically fit, exercise provides relaxation and mental happiness. Yoga is considered to be a beneficial natural treatment for depression. It makes your mind and body internally strong. Meditation again has a tremendous benefit in treating depression by making the person mentally strong thus preparing the mind to cope with depression. Follow the simple natural depression remedies and stick to proper balance diet to keep depression away.
Caution: Please use Home Remedies after Proper Research and Guidance. You accept that you are following any advice at your own risk and will properly research or consult healthcare professional.