Hair is formed in minute pockets in the skin known as follicles. An up growth at the base of the follicle, called papilla produces hair. Hair is made up of keratin, a type of protein. They tend to be the body’s barometer that indicates good health or the poor health. There are three types of hair that grow on the human scalp and they are:
Dry hair Dry hair looks dull and is often difficult to control after shampooing. They have dry and split ends. When the oil glands become inactive they make the hair dry. Dry hair needs lot of care and nourishment. They tend to be thin, rough and brittle.
Home Remedies For Dry Hair
- To a cup of coconut milk add two tablespoons of gram flour. Apply on the scalp and massage gently. Rinse the hair after five minutes. Use this method once a week. This is very good and effective home remedy for dry hair.
- Make a conditioner by mixing one tablespoon of castor oil, one tablespoon of glycerin, a teaspoon of cider vinegar, a teaspoon of protein to a tablespoon of mild herbal shampoo. Apply it on scalp and leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse the hair.
- Massage the scalp with warm almond or olive oil.
Add a teaspoon of lavender oil to the coconut oil and heat it for few seconds. Massage the scalp at night and shampoo the hair next morning. Follow this procedure twice a week for soft and shiny hair. This is very useful home remedy for dry hair.
A diet rich in zinc should be followed, as the main cause of dry hair is the deficiency of mineral zinc.
Home Remedies for Oily Hair
- The best way to deal with oily hair is frequent washing with mild shampoo.
- Applying astringent to the scalp will absorb the excess oil from the hair. This is good home remedy for oily hair.
- Mix one teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel and one tablespoon of lemon juice with one-fourth of shampoo and use the mixture to rinse the hair regularly.
- Boil two tablespoons of mint in one and a half glass of water for 20 minutes. Strain the mixture and mix it with the regular used shampoo. Using this mixture on alternative days will absorb the excess oil from the scalp. This is one of the effective home remedies for oily hair.
- Apply a puree of carrots for 15 minutes and rinse the hair.
Normal hair They can be managed easily and don’t need much care. A well-balanced and healthy diet is enough for normal hair.
Home Remedies for Normal Hair
- Application of cucumber puree for 15 minutes before washing will provide shine and heaviness to the hair. This is very good home remedy for normal hair.
- Soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds overnight, next morning grind the seeds and apply on the hair, rinse the hair with water after one hour and shampoo next day. It will make the hair glow and also one of the effective home remedies for normal hair.
- Periodically washing the hair with white vinegar gives a health look to the hair.
- Drinking one cup of lettuce and spinach juice in combination is highly beneficial.
Home-made Hair Solutions: Hair Care Treatments
- Rum Shampoo Combine two egg-yolks with two dessertspoonfuls of odourless linseed oil and two dessertspoonfuls of rum. Soak the hair and scalp. Keep on for one hour and rinse off with warm water.
- Egg Shampoo Beat two egg yolks in a glass of hot water. Strain, soak hair and scalp. Keep on for one hour. Rinse off with warm water.
- Hair Tonic Put 130 gms, each dried reetha, shikaki and amla into one litre water. Keep it for few hours and boil them. After cooling strain and use as a shampoo.
- Hair Conditioner Mix together 1 egg, 2 tablespoons castor oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar and 1 teaspoon glycerine. Beat constantly and massage on scalp. Wash your hair after 20 minutes.
User Recommended Home Remedies for Hair Care
When you get gum in your hair don't freak out.Befor you run for scissors Use penut butter. Rub a batch of it on you gum hair. Work out slowly and for the best results use a fine picked comb. - Rajani
Rub a spon ful of peanut butter on gum and work out with a comb for best results use a fine picked comb . - Rajani